our first, fully virtual conference
As previously announced Euroturbo is constantly monitoring the evolving factors related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, particularly with regard to our 14th European Turbomachinery Conference to be held in Poland next spring.
The actual situation and the current negative outlook has definitely contributed to our decision to move ETC14 completely on-line, exactly during the same dates originally foreseen for the face-to-face event.
The Euroturbo Conference
The European Turbomachinery Conference (ETC) is organized by the European Turbomachinery Society (Euroturbo) and is held every two years in a different European city.
The 14th European Conference on Turbomachinery Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics (ETC 14) will be held in April 2021, beginning on Monday, April 12 and concluding on Friday, April 16.
According to the Covid Restriction we have decided to have it fully virtual under the organization of Local organizer in Gdansk (Poland).
The conference covers from a scientific and engineering perspective, the fluid dynamics and thermodynamics of turbomachines, as well as of turbomachinery based propulsion systems and power systems.
The first conference was held in Erlanden (Germany) in 1995 with 58 papers and 155 attendees. This year we have more then 110 papers and we are expecting over 200 attendees despite the less appealing of the on line Conference.
The virtual Conference will be managed on the ZOOM Platform
- The attending people will connect to the virtual rooms.
- Each session will have a separate link
- Only registered participants will be able to join any of the sessions.
Each session will have a limit of 100 participants and will be handled as live meetings with the floor access controlled by the session chairmen.
The plenary sessions and invited lecture sessions have a limit of 500 participants;
the plenary session floor access will be limited and controlled by the chairman.
Regular registration through the website will be available up to April, 15
One day access will open participation to any of the sessions during the chosen particular day.
No special materials will be provided.
Speaker should provide a short biography to be presented by the session chairman before starting the presentation; Each participant will be asked to send one slide (download ETC14 template) with short bio, at least one week before Conference, to the LO (LO_chairman@euroturbo.eu).
Speakers should join the session 5 min before the Session start, to confirm their presence to the Session Chairman.
For information about presentation see section “Presentations“
- The Presentation will be delivered by shearing the screen;
- The only way to present the paper is to attend personally appropriate zoom session. The speaker must share the screen and make presentation;
- If the speaker is not online at appropriate time his presentation will be cancelled, and the session will have a paused for the prescribed presentation time in order to keep synchronization of all sessions;
- Speakers should verify their capability to make and share the screen within zoom system.
Time of Presentation
- Each paper will be allocated 30 minutes, including introduction and question-and-answer period (10 minutes);
- Concurrent sessions will maintain uniform starting times;
Video-taping or audio-recording of any session during this Conference is prohibited.
- Video-taping or audio-recording of any session during this Conference is prohibited, unless it is for own use of the participant.
- The session links and PWD delivered to registered conference participants should not be shared with any other persons
Info for the browser
There are no limitations on browser or OS used for the participation in Zoom meetings
Use of the conference platform
Zoom, Frequently asked questions
Stay up to date
The best way to keep up with the future organization of the events is to signup our newsletter service, where all practical details concerning the ETC14 will be promptly elucidated.